PV CYCLE’s (hereinafter referred to as “PV CYCLE”, “we” or “us”) commitment is the transparency with its members, its participants and the broad public on how their personal information is used.
PV CYCLE wishes to emphasize that it always attempts to act in accordance with the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and all (future) laws of each country of the European Union regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
Types of personal data
PV CYCLE can collect and process the following personal data:
- Position – function
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Password (Extranet)
- Data of social media
- Camera and video footage
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoice and payment details
- License plate of vehicles
- Geographic location data
- All personal data provided in the ‘free field’ when completing a contact form
- All personal data freely provided to PV CYCLE (e.g. in light of correspondence with PV CYCLE).
PV CYCLE also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. PV CYCLE shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the Website and Extranet you have visited, which web browser you have used, which webpage you visited when you obtained access to the Website. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows PV CYCLE to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website.
Methods of personal data collection (also through Extranet):
These personal data are collected through:
- A visit of the Website
- Creating an account
- Requesting an offer
- Appealing on the services of PV CYCLE, whether or not through the Website and/or whether or not through the Website on a mobile device
- Collaboration with PV CYCLE
- All correspondence with PV CYCLE
- Subscription to the newsletter and Updates (whether or not through the Website)
- Participation to customer survey(s)
- Subscription to a webinar/seminar/event/etc.
- Exchange of business cards
- Verification of your identity (e.g. when a data subject contacts customer service)
- Registering for events and workshops
- Taking pictures, videos and minutes during events
- Recording webinars and conference calls after prior consent
- Visiting the office or building where PV CYCLE is located
- Registering visitors when entering the building.
All personal data, collected by PV CYCLE, are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Providing certain personal data is (sometimes) a requirement to be able to enjoy certain services (e.g. to gain access to certain parts of the Website, i.e. Extranet, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events). In this respect, it shall be indicated which data must be provided mandatory and which data are optional.
Use of your personal data
PV CYCLE can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Create an account and the confirmation thereof
- Perform the agreement you have with PV CYCLE (incl. follow-up thereof)
- Provide support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Follow-up of a meeting
- Issue invoices and the collection thereof
- Communicate a newsletter and updates
- Respond to questions
- Upgrade the quality, management and content of the Website
- Draw up a quote
- Manage statistics
- Conduct participant satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- Registration of visitors at the office or building where PV CYCLE is located
- Confirm subscription of a webinar/seminar/event/etc.
- Respond to legally required publications.
Processing of your personal data takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- Consent has been given by you to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement or the membership with PV CYCLE or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which PV CYCLE is subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PV CYCLE or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data.
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
PV CYCLE shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary due to performing the agreement and/or due to the role of public interest of PV CYCLE. In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to service providers of PV CYCLE and competent authorities.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that PV CYCLE discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities only when PV CYCLE is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and to safeguard and defend her rights;
- If PV CYCLE, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which PV CYCLE has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets.
Storage of your personal data
Your privacy rights
In the light of the processing of your personal data, you have the following privacy rights:
- Right to rectify, complete or update your personal data
- Right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’). (PV CYCLE wishes to point out that certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete respectively request deletion of certain required personal data)
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to transfer your personal data
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
- Right of access to your personal data.
If you want to ask for your privacy rights please contact info (at) pvcycle.org. You can exercise these rights free of charge through the above-mentioned email address.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about the services of PV CYCLE, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button underneath each of PV CYCLE’s impersonal emails or by replying “unsubscribe”.
Security of your personal data
PV CYCLE undertakes reasonable, physical, technological and organizational measure in order to avoid unauthorized access to your personal information, and loss, abuse or change of your personal data.
PV CYCLE shall store all personal data, which it has collected onsite and in the cloud with data center(s) in and outside the European Union.
Notwithstanding PV CYCLE’ security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, PV CYCLE is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
The security of your account will also partly depend on the confidentiality and complexity of your password. PV CYCLE will never ask for your password, meaning that you will never be required to communicate it personally. If you have nonetheless communicated your password to a third party – for example because this third party has indicated that it wishes to offer additional services – this third party shall have access to your account and your personal data through your password. In such cases, you are liable for the transactions which occur as a result of the use made of your account. PV CYCLE therefore strongly advises you, if you observe that someone has accessed your account, to immediately change your password and to contact us.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. PV CYCLE does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
Contact PV CYCLE
- through email: info (at) pvcycle.org or
- through mail : Brand Whitlocklaan 114 box 5, 1200 Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe